Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Konark: a saviour for vegans

In this great dining city of ours, barely a day passes without news of an exciting new restaurant opening, a devastating closing, a shocking chef shuffle, or a groundbreaking, must-try dish.  That’s why I am keeping you apprised of the industry’s most noteworthy bits and bites, from the shockingly affordable tasting menu of Konark.

All the veg food lovers of Bangalore, gear up to try this joint, for they serve the most scrumptious veg food in town for a very little price. Spanned at 3 different locations in Bangalore you could blindly walk into one of their chains and walk out with a smile.

Shopping at commercials? Want to reenergize yourself with some food followed by a small hole in your pockets, walk into Konark outlet @ commercials right opposite to Mcd.

Been to your sons/daughters sports at Kanteerava and want to celebrate ur little ones victory, sup at Konark @ Kanteerava stadium.

Working on residency road and want to celebrate your promotion with friends and family, dine at Konark @ Residency road.

I had been to the Commercials outlet thrice and once to the Kanteerava outlet. A very neat and clean ambience with nothing too fancy, this place serves both indian and continental food. Since I have been here quite a lot of times I have tried both the menus and I must say they have done commendable job.

What I like about this place? Their mocktails menu. Despite the lesser options available, I like what they serve. My usual’s from this food-hole are Lovers delight, Strawberry Bliss, and Blue moon. Kanteerava outlet serves a different set of mocktails, so I gave a shot on caramel choco shake (or something similar name) and Blue nile.






Lovers Delight: My personal fav, but always ordered by my over excited mom; I do steal a sip from her every now and then. Buhahahaha.. A blend of pineapple and mango and strawberry syrup, served with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream topped with cherries and pineapples. A stomach filling mocktail, a must order.








Strawberry bliss & Blue Moon: Technique and taste of these mocktails are the same except for the main flavor ingredient being strawberry syrup in the former and curacao in later. Another good option to go for.





















Caramel shake: Never go for this drink. The only item on the menu I felt sorry for, was this one. It tasted like caramel milk with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.










Blue Nile: A wonderful drink. All of us loved this particular mocktail.The deep blue ocean color is quite appealing and taste wise this drink was perfect.











Moving on to the next bill of fare was my all-time favorite soup, Manchow. By now if you have read all my previous blogs you would know how big of a fan I am of Manchow soup. Not all places get my soup perfect, but Konark falls into the perfect category. A perfect broth of vegetables and fried noodles. My non-soup drinkers loved it too.



Starters:









Panner Tikka: A must try dish. Panner grilled to perfection along with capsicums, onions and tomatoes, served with mint chatni. 














Babycorn Pepper Dry: A spicy crispy babycorn rolled in a mud of pepper sided with sauce makes your mouth water and crave for more. 





There were few more starters I have tried here, apparently I don’t recall them now. SIGH!

Mains:

Biryani: Not my fav from there menu. Tasted alright but can do better.







Roti’s with Kaju Masala: Kaju is my mom’s fav dish, so many a times we go for Kaju Masala with roti. Anyone who hasn’t tried this dish yet, please do. Kaju doesn’t impart its sweet taste onto the dish, so this dish remains spicy and creamy. Give it a try!

















Konark special fried rice: A good one. Being not a fan of fried rice, I liked this dish, served with lots of ball peppers, spring onions, & Kaju’s.










Veggie Strongoff: A continental dish, sure, I knew it was loaded with fat and calories, but there was just something about its creamy goodness… every now and then, it was worth the splurge.

Spaghetti Bolognese: Bolognese sauce tossed onto flat pasta, deserves to be devoured, quite literally, in any way possible. 








Veggie Augratine: Similar to veggie strongoff, Vegetable Au Gratin is a casserole dish made with lots of vegetables, covered in bechamel (white) sauce and topped with breadcrumbs and cheese and pasta. 










Desserts:

A triple sundae: 3 scoops of vanilla icecreams topped with nuts and chocolate syrup and a choco stick. Yummy!

Sizzling Browny: Yet another yummy desert and a must try.

















No comments:

Post a Comment