Monday, April 6, 2015

A SAVIOR IN SARJAPUR | BIG BREWSKY

One could expect a great deal of pubs and microbreweries and lots of fancy restaurants when it comes to Koramangala or Indiranagar or MG road, but when it comes to places like Sarjapur or Electronic city the choices are always limited and nearly equal to nil. Working in Sarjapur for over 3 years I am very adamantly sure that the options available here is quite sad; offcourse they hold their ground to Firshermans Warf, Lacasa and Mekong; but that’s not news nor will they help sell Sarjapur as a happening place, not that it will now but an addition like this could help change the perception and you never know it might introduce a lot more of fancy places.

Now you know why I am surprised when I found a microbrewery opened in Sarjapur just next to my Wipro office. I was quite astonished when I found this restaurant listed in the food site. In a jiffy I knew I would go here very soon and as I recall quite rightly I did end up here for dinner. A friend of mine was visiting Bangalore and I had a chance to meet him for dinner. I recommended him to meet me up at Big Brewsky in Sarjapur and lucky me he agreed.

Bangalore is coming up with pool side theme and I must say I am impressed.  Very recently I have observed that I have been going to a lot of pool sided restaurants but I never got a chance to actually enjoy the pool, hah may be 3rd times the charm. As of this food hole, amazing set-up, especially if you go in for dinner. Very vibrant ambience, a feel of being transported to another world. Quite chilly at night and by chilly I mean the good type chilly. Not very crowded; very vibrant fun loving smiling crowd; the lights shimmering down like twinkling stars; the cold breeze hitting your skin and light music in the background. A perfect location to hang out with friends and also for romantic dinners.

Although I did want to try on the brewing beers and explore the other drinks menu, I was stuck with mocktails as I had to drive back home. After a lot of hustling and bustling and flipping the menu back and forth I settled for an Angels and Daemons solely because I am a Dan Brown fan and the title did amuse me. My friend settled for an Afternoon Delight, the sole reason being he is a litchi person.

Angels and Daemons was a good blend of cranberry with coconut syrup, mint leaves, lime juice and peach syrup. Not too sweet not too tangy. My friend seemed to have been enjoying his drink aswell with no complaints.




This was followed by our tofu fried starter which I must say was quite spicy, in a good way. Team up with green chutney and sauce it was a good one.



As per my request we went for steamed rice paired with thai green curry. Although I was quite satisfied and happy with Thai Green curry, I must say it lacked a bit of Sichuan style touch and that was a teeny tiny tad bit disappointment.




Overall a good place to hang out and dine. I would love to try and explore the other menu options they have to offer and yes I would go again. 



BIG BREWSKY:
Address: Behind MK Retail, Before WIPRO Corporate Office, Sarjapur Road, Bangalore
Phone no: 080 49653450

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. U got a new place to partyyy....especially if u like variety of beer...they give u a bunch of crates with different flavours of beer that u could taste and choose the one u want.... :D happy brewing :D

      Delete