Thursday, April 16, 2015

ANOTHER NEWBIE IN EC | TAP HOUSE RESTO BAR

Golly! Electronic city is a proud owner of another noteworthy food hole “Tap House Resto Bar”. It’s a YAYYY moment to all the EC folks, they could count on something different and nice which apparently doesn’t happen quit a lot. But I must say, recently a lot of restaurant owners are daring to open restaurants in places like EC and SJP which is quite astonishing given the risk and the population available to try these places, so kudos to them!

As it happened I was working last Saturday unfortunately and as sad as the situation is, it was self-inflicted and unavoidable for reasons you will come to know very soon. As it happened my friend was alone in town and in need of a friend so I invited him to come down to EC for luncheon followed by a friendly badminton match in my campus which he was more than happy to agree on.

I am known to most of the restaurants in EC, so I wasn’t very keen on the options available. After weighing all my options I decided to use food sites to try my luck and golly, I found this new joint just a km away from my office. The ratings and the reviews seemed promising so I decided to give it a shot.

We started off the menu with a couple of cocktails; Sex on the beach and Exotic Island Ice Tea. Poor presentation but drinks were good.





This was followed by Manchow Soup had a very good garlic ginger spice flavor and was thick but lacked in taste slightly.



Our mezethes were Crispy Corn Chilly Pepper on the Veg front and  Choppey Nawabi on the non-veg front. Crispy Corn was a delight. The corn shelling’s fried to crispness and the spiciness along with the ball peppers added the flavor a tad bit more. Choppey Nawabi was decent but not great. It lacked in spice and was a lot tangier than expected. But I must say the portions served were quite a lot, each dish could serve 2 pax with satisfaction.






Our entrée went something like this:  Chicken Fried Rice and Vegetable Biryani.
Vegetable Biryani was alright types.
Pros: Served with curry and raita
Cons: Too oily, not hygienic.
My friend seemed to be enjoying his Fried rice too.




Compared to a lot of places in EC this place is definitely good but they did have quite a lot of issues.

11. None of the tandoori dishes were available which is quite disappointing. This includes roti, parathas, nans and kulchas.
22. Since we ordered so much we weren’t able to eat all of it, thus we ended up parceling it out, and the restaurant ended up charges 20 bucks more for the containers which a lot of other restaurants don’t.
33. Service is little bit slow, especially if you happen to go for an early lunch around 12.30.


Nevertheless a decent place to enjoy your meal peacefully.



TAP HOUSE RESTO BAR:
AddressHotel Stay Inn, 100, Hosur Road, Electronics City Behind Genpact
Phone No: 080 28528055, +91 9449441532


No comments:

Post a Comment