Wednesday, April 22, 2015

TOWNTRENDZ FOODIE MEETUP #8 | WHAT THE F?

Why do I blog?

I love writing! and I feel that I am good at it. Sitting in front of your computer staring at the monitor, your fingers tailing on the keyboard, waiting for the right words to flow out of your mind onto your lips and automatically your fingers gnawing on the keyboard typing over 40 WPM. It definitely does feel good to be able to duplicate your thoughts in your writing and this feeling and my love for food is what inspired me to come up with my food blogging site. Like any other individual I should pretend that these blogs are for the audience, which off course is true and would stand 2nd on my reasons for blogging, but, my primary reason would always be the satisfaction I receive when I get to pen down my thoughts.

A little history on me and TownTrendz!

I joined TownTrendz around 6 months back when a dear friend of mine urged me to do so. She seems to be enjoying my blogs and always felt overly bad that my blogs were not received by a vast audience. This let me to write for TownTrendz as they have this super cool technique wherein I could just share my blogspot link on their page, and if anyone were interested to read them they will be automatically transferred to my bloggers page. Isnt it cool? **wide smile**

TownTrendz had their 8th foodie meetup organized at What the F? on St. Marks road and this was my 3rd meetup with them. Before I go into the detailed review let me just say this,
“TownTrendz, you guys are doing a commendable job arranging these foodie meetups every month, showing up at each one of them and being overly courteous and polite. Shreyas and Shilpa are always the first ones on the venue giving me company while we wait for others to walk in, Arjun always ready with his camera, Sridhar and Jay always make it a point to go around and talk to all of us. Phew! That does require a lot of patience and stoicism. So keep doing what you do the way you do it and TownTrendz definitely has lots to achieve in coming years.”

“What the F??” review:

Let me start by saying how disappointed I am with “What the F??”. Despite the fact that they knew a group of food bloggers are going to attend this event that they were hosting, if they came up with such a terrible menu and food, I must say they definitely have some nerves. Although I am still a little baffled, coz they did serve bad menu but the owner of the joint made it a point to come up and talk to us which is quite ironic, so now that I think I could give them a benefit of the doubt.

Break Down of the Brunch:

Drinks: Although at first I was quite disappointed with their drinks menu I was quite satisfied in the end. Why did I feel disappointed in the beginning? There drinks menu was vague. The menu mentioned only the brand of hard drinks used and no other details. So if you needed a cocktail say with whisky, you mention that to the staff and the bartender would make his special Whisky based cocktail and serve you. I was a bit skeptical in the beginning but as the cocktails made its way to my table I started enjoying them. I had a Whisky based and a Vodka based drink and both were commendable.







Starters: Among the starters, chats, vegetable quesadilla, potato triangle and murg Kebab  were good. Mini Burger was quite alright, may be a slightly thinner bun would have done the trick. Noodles could have been enjoyed more if it wasn’t soaked in oil to this extend. Shahi Kebab and Szechwan babycorn were too dry and terrible, kheera was a so-so.

























EntrĂ©e:  This was the most disappointing amongst all. Pasta container was empty, fried rice and Szechwan sauce looked terrible, so I never tried them. Roti was served dry and the only curry I could eat it with was Murgh Makhani thus leaving no options for vegetarians.








Dessert:  Again a disappointment. Gulab Jamun thumbs up, Gajar Ka Halwa a total let down and Dahi Ka Meeta so-so.









Overall I would rate this place a 2.5/5 and urge them to reconsider their brunch menu and come up with a better one next time.


WHAT THE F??:
Address: #3, 3rd Floor, Manandi Plaza, St. Marks Road
Contact No: 080 44443333, +91 9620562725,+91 9164219997

No comments:

Post a Comment