Saturday, November 22, 2014

AN OK-OK LUNCH | BOONDOCK BISTRO

Arrrgggggggg…..I hate being sick. This stupid throat infection along with the other tag along diseases has cost me 3 days of my life and still counting. I had to somehow get rid of this so that I could dive into my awesome life again **TOUCHWOOD** and get along into the routine stuff of work, family, friends, foooooood & food blogging. Also I have this huge TownTrendz food meet to attend tomorrow which I have been waiting for like a month and damn when the time arrives I am sick. On the positive note though, I am recovering quite fast on an exponential rate **TOUCHWOOD** and that seems worthwhile, nevertheless I missed quite a lot of fun that was planned for today. BUMMER!

Alright so back to topic! The place that I reside in Bangalore, well it’s a little far from some of the major food hubs like Koramangala and Indiranagar, but this place by itself plays host to many food holes in Bangalore and that my friends is called Whitefield. Offcourse we don’t play host to places like High Ultra or Hard Rock café or Chianti, but we do have Herbs and Spices, Toscano, Windmills, Vivanta by Taj and many more. 

So there was this one place called Boondock Bistro which apparently opened like a year back, and I wanted to try this place like for a long long time. So finally when an opportunity thrived on my door I took it and tadaaaa here I am blogging about the same.



Last week I and my mom had plans to lunch out and we ended up at Boondock Bistro just because they had an offering of Lasagna on their menu and my mom is like a crazy fan of this dish. So after browsing through the menu I ordered for a Cindrella and Orange Jwliwis from the drinks menu, French Corn clear soup, Mushroom caps with BBQ sauce as the starters and for the entrée Veg Lasagna and Boondock Mixed Veg Grill.

Cindrella: In a total gay style “Loved it”. A perfect blend of orange, pineapple, lemon with a hint of ginger ale finely decorated with a cherry sandwiched between a slice of orange and pineapple topped on with this tiny little wooden turquoise with pink patches umbrella. A perfect drink to try on.



Orange Jwliwis: A blend of Orange along with vanilla and ice-cream, this drink was so-so. It was more sort of like a milkshake than a mocktail and something felt odd about it. So a big NO!



French Corn clear soup: A disaster! Boil a cup of water with fried onions, throw in a huge slice of cheese bread and BAM the soup is ready. Couple of thinks I dint like about this drink, instead of tossing the bread slice into the soup which made it was too squishy and soggy, the traditional crispy bread would have done a better job and secondly the soup tasted quite watery. I understand this is a clear soup but it shouldn’t be like dilute watery.



Mushroom caps with BBQ sauce: BLAH! Again a total disaster! I was expecting the same mushroom stuffed starter I ate from happy brew or atleast something similar. But this one was completely different. It was similar to eating hara bara kabab which is not my fav starter and wont be for a really long time. Loved the salad serving though.




Veg Lasagna: Definitely a YES! Even though I felt this dish was quite runny it did taste amazingly fantastic. 3 words for this dish : CREAMY and CREAMY and CREAMY ! Yummmm!



Boondock Mixed Veg Grill: To be frank I wasn’t quite sure what to expect out from this dish and it was a chance I took that day to try on something new. Was I succeeded, may be, I would say 50-50. This dish turned out to be a sizzler. On a bed of rice, a medley of grilled vegetables: capsicums, bell peppers, onions, panner, tomatoes, mushrooms, then a couple of Veg Steaks which tasted quite fine and by fine I mean classy fine, cottage steak and corn steak sided with boiled beans, carrots, a slice of baby corn and broccoli topped with tangy sauce. It was a very fine dish and the funniest part was, only after you start digging into this dish will you be able to unravel its ingredients, it’s like playing hide and seek, you go around the dish to find what’s in it. Sad part was I couldn’t enjoy the dish like I expected I would. If you have to enjoy a platter of this, then make sure not to order anything else. I tried to eat what I could and had to throw away the rest. SIGH! So next time I order a sizzler I would just order a sizzler. Also the sauce added a lot of sweetness on the dish, which should be a little milder so that I could enjoy some spiciness too.




Overall an ok-ok experience. Except for the entrée and one of the mocktails, the rest was a disaster, and since the entrée are available at many other places I would take a rain check on Boondock.


BOONDOCK BISTRO
Address: 33, Sundari Armadale, 3rd Floor, Above Ritu Kumar,Whitefield.
Phone no: 080 41159207

No comments:

Post a Comment