Monday, November 17, 2014

FUN NIGHT WITH FRIENDS | FOOD ORGY | HAPPY BREW


Yesterday I woke up with a feeling to conquer this world. I couldn’t have been more happier and savvier.  I was confident, positive and assertive that my life was going to change drastically, but in a nice way. Sad, this feeling dint last forever, or I would rather say, it was so short that by noon, I was back to what I was the previous day; Confused, petrified, worried and resentful. I couldn’t have expected my day to go any better, but I couldn’t give up and I wouldn’t give up. I cleared my mind, stayed focus on what’s necessary right now, kept myself distracted with anything and everything; all I had to do was survive the noon, smile till the evening arrives, and then I was off to meet my friends at Kormangala.





It was my friend’s birthday a couple of weeks back, and we didn’t get a chance to celebrate it. In this busy life of ours, we friends, atleast make sure to meet each other on everyone’s birthday. This keeps us together, no matter how much time we have spent with each other in past few months. We all come together on this one day; taking some time off from our daily schedules, to share our experiences, talk about how life is treating us, who has crush on whom, bitch about others and all the other obvious things. So, finally as the night arrived we 4 of us meet at Happy Brew in Kormangala. 














The place resembles a quadrangle, with the bar in the center surrounded by other tables and chairs. The walls are dressed with caricature that adds on a rustic look. A flight of stairs leads you high up to the place, which apparently is not that very high, all thanks to its low celling. The walls here are decorated with happy smiling faces in B&W. All in all it seemed like an excellent area to lounge on a weekend night, under open air.



 Drinks for the night:
One’s happiness is just limited to beer here, and amongst the beer just kingfisher. They have introduced a menu of cocktails that include a combination with beer, which is quite relishing, and not found in many places. If you want to get drunk with a pint of vodka or tequila this is not the place.

I was disappointed with their cocktail menu as I am not a very big fan of beer. Reluctantly I ordered a Kiwi Paradise, which was supposed to be a cocktail of beer and kiwi. Fortunately it dint taste that bad as I feared it would. I could at times get the sour taste of beer, but overall it was fine.

Other than the few cocktails and beer’s, this place also offers fresh juices, coffees and few other mocktails. We ordered for a blue lagoon, and among the fresh juices, pineapple, carrot and watermelon.

The Blue Lagoon mocktail featured Blue Curacao and scored on looks and was a huge hit among the folks. After sipping Blue Lagoon one can imagine what healthy drinks like carrot, pineapple and watermelon would taste like. Nevertheless I would give it thumbs up just because they are healthy.


Appetizer:

Veg Chowder Soup, Chicken Manchow soup, Stuffed Fried Mushroom, Paneer Shaslik,  Chicken Popcorn and Tandoori Chicken tikka.

Veg Chowder Soup: One word definition: AMAZING. Thick creamy soup made with potato, carrots and celery.



Chicken Manchow Soup: Inspite the non-appealing dark black look, the soup tasted good.


Chicken Popcorn: I have never seen such a tiny shredded chicken pieces. Don’t go by its size as they are definitely yummy and tasty. These popcorns chickens are served along with the Szechwan sauce.


Stuffed fried Mushroom: Being a die heart fan of mushroom, I wasn’t quite impressed by the looks of the dish. It looked a lot greasy and deep fried till charred. As I took my first bite, my expectations were quite low. But the moment I cut opened my first mushroom, I could see the cheese dripping out with the veggies, and the first bite of this dish, I was in love with mushroom all over again. A must try!


Paneer Shaslik: Again the looks of this dish gave a greasy vibe. But taste wise paneer was good. Properly cooked and marinated with capsicums, onions and cilantro sided with the Szechwan sauce.



Tandoori Chicken Tikka: One word:Yummy!


Entrée:
Stuffed Chicken in Verde Salsa, Veg Lasagna and Vegetarian Thai Curry.

Stuffed Chicken in Verde Salsa: They served grilled stuffed chicken breast with the salsa verde sauce and Mexican rice. I just took a spoonful of bite from this and it tasted good.


Veg Lasagna: My all-time favorite dish. And what I liked about the appearance of this dish is the way it is designed on the platter. Layered pasta with lots and lots of vegetables and cheese. A food orgy!


Vegetarian Thai Curry:  My next favorite entrée. I couldn’t have imagined eating 2 of my most fav dishes at once. One of the rarest moments, when Thai and Italian, which are miles apart from each other, meeting on one table in this fashion. Red Thai curry served along with jasmine rice was again a moment of food orgy!




I don’t know how, but I totally forgot on ordering the desserts. It just slipped my mind until I made it downstairs to pay the bill, and I could see the tart sitting on the window floor staring at me, feeling offended that I forgot to order it.

In All:
Overall i had a splendid time here. Food was amazing, mood was amazing. Cheap bar! Cheap Food! (When compared to other gastro pubs) I couldnt have asked for more (apart from my dessert DUH! SIGH!).

Although I have one complain, the quantity of food served is less! And also be prepared to wait for 20-30 min for your order to arrive.


Happy Brew
AddressNo.40, 4th B Cross, 5th Block industrial layout,Koramangala
Phone No: 080 4965 2956

No comments:

Post a Comment