Sunday, November 16, 2014

SHELDON STYLE "NOT MUCH PAIN IN THE B" | AU BON PAIN

Have you ever woken up in a bad mood for no apparent reason?  Today morning I woke up with an overall “meh” feeling. Maybe it was because my sister recently got married and moved to her husband’s house, maybe it was from lack of sleep, may be it was because I suddenly couldn’t cope with an empty house, but one think is definite, I don’t like this feeling, so here I am, geared up to write another blog and may be this might cheer me up and keep me distracted for a while.

Au-bon pain: Is it a pain in the ass or i would rather say Sheldon style "pain in the B" or not? Let’s unravel the truth.

I am not huge fan of food chains as they are monotonous and repetitive. And given my past experience with au-bon, I had very less hopes of finding something yummy that would make my stomach grumble for more. A fortnight back, I had some serious cravings to experience some new noms and this led me to au-bon. A chain of au-bon recently opened up in my campus, and now that I like this foodhole I couldn’t be more excited. Any cravings for sandwiches, muffins, bagels, cookies and queso, au-bon it is.

Since this place is just a walk away from my ODC, I usually stop by in the evening and parcel out a couple of things to eat on my way home. It’s kinda became a routine now to stop by and order an item.

A fair warning: The amount of drooling/eye-widening/weight gain/jealousy that is about to ensue may be detrimental to your health (both physical and mental), so proceed with caution, and don’t say I didn’t warn you…**evil smile**

Open Face Margarita: Brown bread microwaved with lots and lots of cheese and tomatoes, mmmmm, I can still feel the cheese melting inside my mouth. The cheese oozing out from the sides is definitely yummy but beware it could increase your cholesterol level.










Mango lassi: Meh. Not that great!
























Chocolate Muffin: So chocolaty so yummy. And when I say amazing I mean out-of-this-world-super-awesome-AMAZING! You can find chunks of chocolates waiting inside the muffins to chew on.












Latte: Like almost any other latte.

















Choco-chip cookies:  I was lucky enough to experience the awesomeness that is the au-bon cookies , and let me just say these fine, fresh, great tasting cookies are so soft and chewy-to-perfection i'm willing to bet money you’ll try passing them off as your own homemade treats. They’ve received rave reviews from many folks I know. A must try.





Vegetarian Pesto Club: It’s pretty aggressive. I know. It took me a while to man up and try it, but I can tell you it’s all sorts of amAzing.It also made me realize that healthy sandwiches = kinda awesome and healthy sandwiches = less weight gain. Layered pesto mixed with swiss cheese, lettuce, olives, garden vegetables and jalapenos on a whole wheat bread creates the perfect and (dare i say it) healthy dish.




Jalapeno Corn Panini: Very similar to Open face Margarita. Cheesy and yummy. I liked it. 

Disclaimer: Do not think of weight gain if you want to indulge in something like this one.












Blackcurrent Danish:  I thank au bon for contributing to my weight gain this season by providing this uncontrollably delicious sugar-soaked, blackberry jam coated and butter-covered, soft, fluffy monster of a bun. I could totally go for one of this right about now. 










Corn Puff: Baked, Yummy, Tasty. Not that stomach filling. Try it! 



Veg Patty Sandwich: Slightly charred on the outside, but a perfect middleware. It was juicy and had a hefty serving of veggies on top. Although I liked the inner layer with the pesto, patty and the veggies, the burger bread seemed very thick and difficult to bite and chew. Not the best sandwich I’ve had, but I would happily order it again in the same situation.  













Cinnamon Roll: These rolls peak out of those glassy windows with their tiny little innocent face, all you wanna do is grab them and start munching. Rolled in cinnamon and sugar, these rolls are yummy and, fluffy and undeniably irresistible; it’s hard to pass them up. So I didn’t. **wink wink**. 


No comments:

Post a Comment